Monday, February 21, 2011

'Better' than Mendy

Standing at 1.93-metres, Jonathan Justin is a towering teenager.

Reigning S-League champions Etoile FC are counting on the 19-year-old’s goals as they attempt to defend their title this season.

He played in France’s lower leagues, turning for Auch, a small club in Toulouse, before signing for Etoile.

Etoile chairman Johan Gouttefangeas rates him better than the club’s top scorer last year, Frederic Mendy, who bagged 21 goals.

Justin notched eight goals in 12 matches for Auch last year and 11 in 15 in the 2009 season.

“I know it is difficult but my objective is to be better than Mendy,” said the youngster, who moved to France from Mauritius when he was nine.

“I can’t say what my future as a footballer will be like, but I intend to stay here for at least two years."

No comments: