Monday, January 28, 2013

Not a step down

New Tanjong Pagar United signing Ahmad Latiff have denied moving to the Queentown club was a step down from his days with Tampines.

“If you look at my previous clubs SAFFC, Tampines or even Woodlands (Wellington) and Johor FA, people may think it is [a step down] but sometimes it’s between the coach and the player."

"It’s about the communication and what he wants from me as a player, I feel good under him. Basically I come here without much specific targets. Hopefully we can make top half, but most importantly I just want to make the club improve and make progress."

And Jaguars new coach Patrick Vallee agreed lapping praise on the former Singapore international for his performances at SAFFC and Tampines.

Vallee was quoted: “I remember him when I was at Etoile. I like this player. He was great at SAFFC then he went to Tampines and won two championships. He gave a lot and he’s certainly a player with character. Thus when I know he was released, I told chairman I wanted to recruit him.”

No comments: