Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Did not deserved to lose

Five days after winning their first game of the season against Courts Young Lions, DPMM Brunei slumped to the earth again as they lose to Albirex.

And DPMM head coach Vjeran Simunic was incensed by what he believed to be biased refereeing.

Simunic was quoted: "I saw a foul but referee didn’t see it. I think the referee did not have a good game. I wanted to go on the pitch myself and bring his attention to my injured player.

"Today [Monday], two of my players suffered injuries and that’s disappointing.

"If Shahrulrizal hadn’t been injured, I could have put another forward but I was forced into using up my substitutions early. He suffered a knock to his meniscus and could face six weeks out."

The Croat was not disappointed by his side's showing in the game though and felt that they had done enough to register a draw.

"We played an open, attacking game but were let down by [Stephane] Auvray’s mistake [for the first goal] but I’m still proud of my local players [from Brunei], some of whom are just mere kids," he continued.

"My players constantly pressed the Albirex men and it looked like we would score any minute. They worked very hard, especially after Shahrulrizal’s injury.

"I’d rather that we impress while losing instead of winning in a poor game. It gives me hope for the future."

No comments: