Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Vallee: My confidence was rewarded

Tanjong Pagar United coach Patrick Vallee was pleased with how his side bounced back from two successive losses in their win over Warriors FC.

It may have been a rather scrappy affair, punctuated at times with some good football, allied to committed defending by both sides, but Tanjong Pagar United coach Patrick Vallee was more than pleased to secure the three points on Saturday night, after suffering two defeats he felt his team did not really deserve.

They needed to bounce back and they did with a fighting effort in their 2-1 win against Warriors FC after the physical encounter against Balestier Khalsa at Toa Payoh, and the less-than-satisfying loss in Pasir Gudang to Harimau Muda as recently as last Tuesday night.

“I am very happy with the way my team played and after the last two matches, when I felt I was entitled to be angry with certain things - not with my players, I should add - I am pleased that my confidence in them was rewarded tonight,” Vallee declared.

“All of the players did well, including the foreign players, but I was especially pleased to see both goals coming from two of my local players.

“I told them in training that I wanted to see the local players score more of the goals [than they have so far] and they must have been paying attention!

“Both teams played [good] football tonight, which I was pleased to see and the way we fought back from being a goal down was very good.”

No comments: